Knowledge base Article
After installing Syncthing you can open the app via your dashboard. Once opened you will see an empty Syncthing gui. To have Syncthing work you will need to configure two things: your slot on Seedit4.me and the client (like your home PC) you want to sync a folder with.
Configuring your Seedit4.me slot
- After installing Syncthing you will first need to setup a port forward for Syncthing to work. You can use this guide to do so, your internal port will be 22000. Be sure to note the external port number, you will need this later on.
- After that you need to write down your public IP, which is shown on your user dashboard.
- You can then proceed to open up Syncthing and head over to Actions -> Settings to set a device name for your slot.
- Afterwards go to Actions -> Show ID and copy the ID code, you will need this later on.
Configuring your client
Depending on what client you use you will need to take different steps, we will use the Windows client as an example.
- First you`ll need to download the correct client for your OS (look under "Native GUIs & Integrations").
- Once installed, click on [ Add Remote Device] and paste the Device ID you copied earlier on your slot into the corrosponding field, then go to the [Advanced] tab
- In the [Addresses] field you will need to input the following: tcp://[yourpublicup]:[externalport] (example: tcp://188.8.131.52:1010).
- Click Save to add the Device
Once both configurations have been completed you will need to accept the connection on both clients, it will show a pop up box to do so. Depending on you preferences you can tick the [Introducer] and/or [Auto Accept] boxes when adding a new device.