Knowledge base Article
Install SFTP Addon
To add your slot as a KODI media source you will first need to install the SFTP addon in KODI. Step by step:
- Open KODI
- Click on [Add-ons] on your home screen
- Click [Download]
- Click [Virtual Filesystem]
- Click [FTP support]
- Click [Install]
Enable SSH on your slot
Follow this guide to enable SSH on your slot before continuing.
Add slot as media library
Wait for the installation of the Add-on to finish and then add your favourite video source. If you need a little help here, you can follow these steps:
- Open KODI
- Click on the gear icon on the top left to open settings
- Click [Media]
- Click [Library]
- Click [Videos]
- Click [Add Videos]
- Click [Browse]
- Scroll down the list until you see [Add network location...] and click on that.
After the new window opens be sure to input your details like in this example, be sure to input your own slot details as it wont work otherwise.
- Server address: the address to your slot.
- Remote path: the path to your files, default directory for new downloads is /home/seedit4me/torrents/rtorrent. If you have altered this, or have your media in a different path then be sure to edit this accordingly.
- Port: The port assigned to your SSH configuration, this is different for each user.
- Username: seedit4me
- Password: the password to your slot, you can copy this from your slot overview page.
Once you have added all the details click [OK] and finish the process. If you get an error about not being able to connect then there is a problem with your configuration as described above.