Knowledge base Article
This guide helps you fix file errors when you are using Sonarr in combination with Sabnzbd. If you see the following errors the this guide is for you:
- ImportApprovedEpisodes Couldn't import episode /home/seedit4me/Downloads/complete/name.S03E05.1080p.WEB.H264-XLF/xxxxxxx.mkv: Access to the path "/home/seedit4me/media/serier/name/Season 3/Westworld - S03E05 - Genre WEBDL-1080p.mkv.partial~" is denied.
- ImportApprovedEpisodes Couldn't import episode /home/seedit4me/Downloads/complete/name.1080p..WEB-DL.DDP5.1.H.264-QOQ-AsRequested/xxxxx.mkv: Access to the path "/home/seedit4me/media/seriername - S02E01 - name WEBDL-1080p.mkv.partial~" is denied. 1
These errors are caused by a specific setting in Sabnzbd, to fix it you can follow these steps:
- Open Sabnzbd and select config in the top right corner
- Click on Folders and then Advanced
- In the box Permissions for completed downloads type 777 and then save changes
Once all of this is done you will no longer receive this error on new downloads. To fix existing files continue reading.
This error can also happen if you have imported folders and files to your seedbox from elsewhere. You can fix these either by FTP or SSH.
SSH: Login to your slot and use the following command: sudo chmod -R 777 /home/seedit4me/path_to_the_ folder
FTP: Login to your slot, find the folder and/or files, right click them and (depending on your client) select 'file persmissions'. Set it to 777 and click OK / Save.