Knowledge base Article
Once you have installed NextCloud on your slot, you can connect from different clients (Windows / Linux / Mobile) to your server. This guide will give you a step-by-step walk through of how to connect properly.
After installing NextCloud you will need to open the application on the server to finish its setup. Be sure to pick a password that is safe for use.
- Install the client of your choice (in this example we will use the windows client)
- Once installed you can fire it up and choose the [Log in] option
- On the next screen you`ll need to enter the link to your NextCloud dashboard, for example: https://95.gsb22.seedit4.me/nextcloud/
- After clicking [next] your client should take a few seconds to connect and then present you with the next screen
- Click [Log in] and on the next screen enter the username and password you've made during the initial configuration, on the next screen click [Grant access]
- If everything went according to plan you can now choose what to sync and where to and after clicking [connect] your application will be synced with the server.
You can continue configuring the application to your liking, if you have any questions be sure to check out their support pages.
We have been asked a few times how to access your own files on this app this app is locked to it's self so you can not just open other files in no next cloud folders
there is a app within NextCloud to do this
on the top right Click App's look down the list and find External storage support click Enable
go back to top right and click Settings Under Administration click External Storage
Here you can add other Storage Items ie an FTP/SFTP etc but here we will still with Your files on your seedbox
Click Add Storage then Local add the path to your local ie /home/seedit4me/name of folder in my case it was /home/seedit4me/torrents/rtorrent
click who you want to access the folder and save
then go to files at the top click External Storage and your see all your files listed