RCLONE: Setup Google Drive via SSH
This guide will help you setting up Rclone on your slot. You will need to connect via SSH to your slot, currently the GUI is not supported by our environment. Before you do, be sure to install Rclone via the tile menu.
Before you start the basic installation be sure you have the following ready:
- A working, logged in Google Drive account
- A working SSH connection to your slot
- A working installation of Rclone
Basic configuration for Google Drive
Once you have Rclone installed and are connected via SSH follow the steps below, be sure not to include the apostrophes from the examples.
- Start the Rclone config by typing: rclone config
- Type 'n' for a new remote
- Pick a name that will be easy to type and which will help you remember what the connection is for if you are using multiple remotes
- Type '13' for Google Drive
- Leave the client_id option empty and just hit enter
- Leave the client_secret option empty and just hit enter
- Read up on the scopes, you will probably want option '1'
- Leave the root_folder_id option empty and just hit enter
- Leave the service_account_file option empty and just hit enter
- Type 'n' for advanced config
- Type 'n' for auto config
- Follow the steps to get the Google Api verification code and paste it here
- Type 'n' to not make it a team drive
- Type 'y' to confirm the remote
- Type 'q' to exit the configuration
Congratulations, you now have a working rclone installation on your slot. You will be able to copy files directly to and from your slot to your Google Drive. Further information on Rclone commands can be found on the Rclone wiki page.