EMBY: Installation guide
Once you have installed Emby you can click the [open] button on your dashboard to go to the setup wizard. It's easy going from there:
- Open up Emby
- On the screen 'Welcome to Emby!' choose your preferred language
- On the screen 'Tell us about yourself' choose the profile name under which your movies/series will be added, you can also link an Emby account if you have one
- On the screen 'Setup your media libraries' choose local folders to add to your library.
- Click [Add Media Library]
- Select content type and set a dispay name, then click [+add] next to 'Folders'
- You can then select a folder or add it by typing the path in, for example: /home/seedit4me/torrents
- Click OK to add it
- Once all folders are added click 'Next'
- On the screen 'Preferred Metadata Language' choose your preferred language for your downloaded movie info
- On the screen 'Configure Remote Access' you need to untick the 'Enable automatic port mapping' option, then click next
- After that accept the Privacy Statement and click finish.
The server is now configured and you can connect using your favorite app. To ensure you can connect properly make sure that:
- You have opened a port to Emby (default internal port is 8096 or 8920 for SSL)
- You are connecting to the IP shown on your dashboard in the upper left corner
- You are connecting on the external port you have forwarded on step 1
Add an API key
- Go to your settings in Emby (gear icon upper right corner)
- Go to 'advanced'
- Click the 'security' tab
- Click on 'Add' and give the API key a name, for example OMBI
- Note the API key somewhere for easy access