Knowledge base Article
After working hard for the past few months, we have rewritten almost our entire backend code and app management to ensure the most stable and the fastest experience for our customers. To have everyone benefit from these efforts we will move all clients to the new code base. This will affect you if your current slot is on servers GSB1 through GSB140. This move will happen over the coming months while we work as fast as we can to get this done in the shortest amount of time possible.
When we are getting ready to move the server your slot is on you will receive an email and a Site PM from us. After receiving said message we will move your slot within 1 to 7 days. The speed of moving clients varies vastly based on the amount of data clients have, availability of certain services and the manpower we can field at that moment.
Don't need any data moved? You also have the option to immediately be moved upon receiving said message, just let us know by then and we will make a new, fresh, and also very empty slot for you. We assume all our clients want their data moved, so if that also applies to you then you don't need to worry: we got you! Thinking about upgrading? This is a perfect moment; let us know once you received the mail/PM and we can process the upgrade simultaneously with the move.
Please read the following, as it contains critical information:
- We will *only* move data within the Seedit4me folder (/home/seedit4me/). If you have custom folders outside of this directory, then please move them.
- Any data outside of the home folder will NOT be moved
- If you have a folder called plex in the main seedit4me folder please rename it to something else, for example plex.old. If you do not rename this folder it will cause an error and data from inside it will not be moved.
- Make sure you have backups of any apps you have installed as you will need to restore them on your new seedbox. Due to the massive amounts of updates it's not possible for us to move all configs in a reliable manner.
- Some apps like Rclone, Radarr, Rutorrent (excluding RSS feeds) and/or Deluged will be moved and reloaded. If there are any issues after the move you will need to reinstall the app manually and use your backup to put your config back.
- Apps like Plex, Ombi, Emby you will need to Reclaim on the new seedbox
Please uninstall any apps you are not using and clear any data you do not need as this will speed up the move not only for you, but all our customers still in queue.
Once the move if finished you will see your new seedbox on your dashboard. You may also see your old slot for another couple days, but it will be shut down and you will not be able to access it.